Looking for "Friends of Gladys Taber" and a full day of quilting on this first day of SPRING!

  Thanks to Susan Branch I have become a friend of Gladys Taber~ my first newsletter came in the mail this week....along with some of her books.....can't wait for bedtime....
 

 I have a full day ahead of me for my little people quilts.....


Bunnies peeking out cheering this old broad on.....lol!


 I also got a BUNCH (ebay) of new thread so I can begin to HAND quilt my wonky basket quilt. I watched and was inspired by other bloggers using perle cotton. One was Cabbage quilts and the other was Molly Flanders. I am drawn back to the simplicity of the stitching and then of course,.....those colors!!


 Look at these colors! I can't stand it...


Millie is reminding me that it IS THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!!!! HELLO!! ARE WE GOING FOR A RIDE TO GET A MUNCHKIN??

Comments

  1. I love the colors you chose for the first quilt. Would love to see more of it when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vendor tent is beautiful and full of color...bet it grabs a lot of attention. I used to be FOGT but dropped out when life got to be too much with me. My plan is to join again and would love to visit Stillmeadow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her books, and read all the library had!
    great quiltsy post, love the bright colors.
    love Sb too, so happy to read this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eileen,

    Your blog just popped up in one of my e-mails - how lucky for me!

    I am a FOGT member. The newsletters are worth more than the cost of a membership. The editor, Susan Turnley, is amazing. I have met so many wonderful people through this group. You meet once and are a FRIEND forever. And, of course, I read and reread Gladys regularly. Her writings and inspiration never get old.

    Love your COLOR Explosion. I am/was also a quilter. I keep saying I am on hiatus. The past two weeks, with more to go, I have been cleaning/organizing/downsizing my sewing/quilting room. Yesterday, I started to go through my boxes of fabric - I have a copy paper box for each color amidst a room of the required and luxury paraphernalia. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I just cannot make myself reduce my stash. The colors and patterns are gorgeous. I know I will never use all my fabric but at the moment, it stays with me.

    Farm life, along with my other interests of reading, writing, gardening, photography, baking, and other crafts too numerous to mention, keeps my time well occupied. But, I long to return to quilting which had been my passion years ago. Perhaps, I should rethink...do the piecing and applique which I love and leave the slow process of quilting to you.

    Check out my blog sometime at mountainglenfarm.blogspot.com to view a bit of my current life. I love to share my joy!

    Cyndy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts