getting ready for winter~





At our last breakfast club meeting at The Quilted Crow in Boxborough Ma.,another gal named Eileen brought THIS quilt for show and tell~ It was magnificent! It is called Trick or Treat and has 291 baskets of cheddar, blacks, and a variety of earth tones. I am never drawn to earth tones and quite frankly not drawn to halloween (except for the chocolate)but for some reason I L0VED this quilt.
Today I went to Candlelite Quilts for the start of some cheddars and some earthy tones~now I need some background shirting fabric...about 100 yards! LOL I traveled to Michaels craft store for some template plastic which I never use but I thought if I am tracing out 291 of anything I had better make a sturdy template~
The blocks are each 5" square...I think I have really lost it this time....
I plan to talk to Eileen at the next breakfast meeting to discuss the particulars of her wonderful quilt (I think she said it took her 3 months to complete!) I was thinking more like 3 years...I have so many questions for her...like "Could you make another one for me?" hahaha...
I will post my progress...

Comments

  1. Looks like a huge challenge to make this quilt but it will be gorgeous when you are finished. I use old X-rays for templates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those fabrics! Your basket quilt already sings "Winter Comfort"! I hope you'll post your progress on it. (I still have some exposed X-ray film in my stash, but I confess that I haven't used it in years. I'm keeping it just in case!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts